Opening and viewing a Word document can never seem to cause a problem on a PC. However, suppose you want to share the information with a friend using a mobile phone. In that case, the Microsoft Word format isn’t preferable as it’s not ideal for mobile phones in terms of either readability or compatibility.
If we can find a reliable method of changing Microsoft documents into a more decipherable JPG (JPEG) image, then we can easily share the desired information with our friends or on social media.
Now, to resolve the issue for as many users as possible, this post has gathered 4 effective methods to convert Word to JPEG on Windows, Mac, and mobile phones, online and offline methods are both provided for different internet conditions. Now please read on to learn more about them.
How to Convert Word to JPG?
Generally, we need a Word to JPG converter tool to convert Microsoft Word to JPEG images. It gets a bit tricky, however, if you intend to transform Word into JPG directly. The common practice is to first convert Microsoft Word document to PDF document, and then convert PDF document to JPG image. This principle applies to the 4 methods below.
How to Convert Microsoft Word to JPEG on Windows and Mac Online
To easily change Word into JPG on Windows and Mac online, it requires a solid Word to JPG online converter. Allow me to enter: PDFgear, a free and reliable online Word to JPG online converter that is compatible with both Windows and Mac operating systems.
With PDFgear, you can easily change Word into JPG, requiring solely a web browser and a stable internet connection.
Moreover, PDFgear is also packed with tons of other PDF tools such as PDF to JPG converter, PDF compressor, PDF annotator, PDF reader, etc.
The tutorial below shows you the 3 simple steps to convert Word to PDF with PDFgear.
Step 1. Convert Word to PDF Using PDFgear
Navigate to Word to PDF online converter tool. Drag and drop the Word document into PDFgear, and PDFgear will automatically convert it to a PDF document. Then download the converted PDF.
Convert Word to PDF in PDFgear
Step 2. Convert PDF to JPG Using PDFgear
Navigate to PDFgear PDF to JPG converter tool. Drag and drop the PDF file we just converted from your Word document, and PDFgear will automatically convert it to a JPEG image.
Convert PDF to JPG in PDFgear
Step 3. Download the Converted JPEG Image
When the download is complete, hit the blue Download button to download the converted JPG image from PDFgear.
Download Converted JPG from PDFgear
How to Convert Microsoft Word to JPEG on Mobile Phones Online
The cast majority of image sending is on social media and chat apps, and the need for converting documents to images is considerable on mobile phones.
For those who are now using an Android or iOS mobile phone, the good news is you can convert Word to JPG on mobile phones as well.
As mentioned, the free online Word to JPG converter tool PDFgear also works on mobile phones. Now learn from the steps below to convert Word to JPG on Android or iOS using PDFgear.
- Launch a web browser app on your mobile phone such as Google Chrome for Android, and Safari for iPhone.
- Go to the PDFgear Word to PDF converter tool.
- Since you now can’t drag and drop your Word document into the PDFgear converter tool as it’s unsupported on mobile phones. Hit the Choose files button to upload your Microsoft Word document from your mobile device’s storage.
- Next, convert Microsoft Word to PDF using PDFgear Word to PDF converter tool
- In a likewise manner, convert PDF to JPEG using PDFgear PDF to JPG converter.
- Download the converted JPG to your mobile phone.
Convert Word to JPG Using PDFgear on iPhone
How to Convert Microsoft Word to JPEG Offline Using Windows Paste Special
I understand that there are those who don’t like to seek assistance from an online service, or it’s just that you don’t have access to a stable internet connection. In that case, there’s a doable offline method for Windows 10 and Windows 11 users to change Microsoft Word documents to JPG with Windows inbuilt tool.
It is called Paste Special, the new feature available for Office 2007 and later, which allows you to paste documents into images.
Now learn from the steps below to change your Word documents to images with it.
- Open the Microsoft Word document you intend to convert to an image.
- Use the keyboard shortcut Ctrl + A to select all the texts in the Word document.
- Use keyboard shortcut Ctrl + C to copy the selected texts.
- Now open a New Document, from the Paste menu or Edit menu, and select Paste Special.
- Select Picture (Enhanced Metafile), and then click OK.
- Right-click on the content and choose Save as Picture.
- Select a JPG from the given image formats.
Convert Word to JPEG Using Paste Special
How to Convert Microsoft Word to JPEG Using Mac Preview App
And if you’re running a Mac computer or Macbook instead of a Windows PC, there’s also a viable option for you to change Microsoft Word to JPG, without needing software installation of third-party services.
The inbuilt PDF reader tool Preview on your Mac computer can serve as a great Word to JPG converter. The following steps reveal how to convert Microsoft Word to JPG using the Preview app.
- On your Mac computer or Macbook, open the Word document you want to change to JPG.
- Go to the File tab and hit Save As from the dropdown, and save it as a PDF
- Click to open the PDF with the Preview app.
- Go to the File tab, and hit Export from the dropdown. As you can see, various image formats are provided for you to choose from HEIC, JPEG, JPEG-2000, OpenEXR, PDF, PNG, and TIFF.
- Hit JPEG to export the PDF document to JPEG, the quality of which is allowed for adjustment with the slider.
- Lastly, hit Save to confirm the conversion.
Convert Word to JPEG Using Preview
Since we’re now here, I do hope that you have benefited from this guide and have learned about the free and useful methods of converting Word documents to images, no matter what device you’re on.
Aside from the abovementioned PDF management features, PDFgear is such a powerful tool that also helps you put an electronic signature on a PDF, add comments to a PDF, and even hyper compress large PDF documents.
After you’re done reading this post, don’t forget to give the recommended online PDF management tool PDFgear a whirl, try it on your own to see if it’s as good as I said! And you’ll certainly be impressed.